This holiday season ask your parents and grandparents to tell you what they know about what happened during the Armenian Genocide. Here are a few ideas for questions you can ask to get the conversation started:
- Do they remember the names of family members that died?
- Where did they live?
- What were their lives like?
- Do they have any family pictures from their childhood in Turkey?
- Did they keep any letters?
- How did they survive?
- Where did they go after their deportation from Turkey?
- What was the rest of their life like?
Keep notes or a video of your conversation to share with your children. If you wish to post your family story online, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.