If your family came from historic Armenia:
- Do you know where your family came from?
- What do you know about their lives?
- What was the family business?
- What kind of house did they live in?
- Did they go to school?
- Was the family Armenian Apostolic, Catholic, or Protestant?
- Do you know anything about family members that died in the Armenian Genocide?
- If members of the family survived the deportation marches, do you know what happened to them along the way?
- To what countries did the family emigrate?
- How did members of the family earn a living and survive in their new homelands?
- Do you speak Armenian?
- What do you know about the history of the Armenians before the Armenian Genocide?
These are just some of the questions for which I am seeking answers. As I learn about the strength, determination, resourcefulness, faith, and work ethic my family displayed as they experienced the Armenian Genocide and its aftermath, I am awed.